- Olive Oil
- NEW – CUISINE COOKING OILS
- Balsamic Glazes
- Olive Pouches
- NEW – STAR Single Serving Packs
- Grapeseed Oil
- Specialty Items
- Product FAQ’s
- Health & Education
- My Star
- Shop Online
STAR Grapeseed Oil is a cook’s favorite as it is one of the most versatile oils in any kitchen or restaurant.
Unlike canola oil, it has little aroma and minimal flavor. The light, nutty overtones allow the flavors of other foods to shine through when used for frying and baking. With a smoke point of 485 degrees, grapeseed oil has a lower risk of burning and splattering when frying and sautéing.
Because it has a low saturated fat level, it will not solidify when refrigerated, making it ideal for pre-made salad dressings, sauces and marinades. It can also be substituted for vegetable oil in any recipe for a healthier alternative.
It is also environmentally friendly because it is a by-product of grapes after wine production.
USES: Ideal for pre-made salad dressings and marinades since it does not solidify when refrigerated. Good for frying due to high smoke point.
FLAVOR: Slight aroma and light nutty flavor allows flavors of other foods to shine through.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Product of Spain and France.
- Carbohydrate and sodium free
- Cholesterol free
- No Trans Fat
- Low in saturated fats
- No added preservatives, flavorings or colorings
- High in oleic acid and essential fatty acids
- High in polyunsaturated fat, with about 72% linoleic acid (Omega 6) that has the greatest affect on increasing the level of HDL (good cholesterol) and reducing the level of LDL (bad cholesterol)
- High in naturally occurring antioxidants
- Contains vitamin E and A
SHELF LIFE: 2 years unopened, stored in cool, dark place. 6-9 months after opening, stored in a cool, dark place. .